CORE VALUES AND VALUE STATEMENTS
We value equally….
- The education of children and youth in the knowledge and love of Jesus Christ is at the heart of who we are.
- Our school is a testimony to our belief in the importance of providing quality Christian education to the young people of our community.
- Members of all ages study the Bible, the inspired Word of God, through which we are nourished and grow in the life of faith.
- Fellowship with each other is strengthened through a variety of programs and ministries that help us deepen our faith and grow spiritually.
- We value diversity and acceptancewithin our church community where all are welcome to experience the love of Christ.
- Reconciliation, with Christ and with one another, is integral within our fellowship. Only by experiencing reconciliation first hand, can we be agents of peacemaking in the world.
- Families and children are treasured at St. Andrew’s.
- We proclaim by words and actions the Good News of Christ.
- By communicating the love of Christ and His message of salvation, we seek to draw those who are seeking Christ into our fellowship.
- By tangible acts that demonstrate the love of Christ, we serve those in need within our surrounding community as though we were serving Christ.
- Our outreach extends to those parishioners no longer able to attend our events, especially those who are homebound, sick, or in nursing homes.
- We cherish our Anglican tradition of worship, toleration of differences, and its balance of Scripture, Tradition and Reason.
- Tradition is a loving embrace of that which has made us who we are.
- We submit ourselves to the tradition of the ancient church, handed down to us through the ages by the apostles, including the Creeds, the Sacraments, the liturgies, and the music of the ages, as that tradition has been received and renewed by the Episcopal Church.
- We honor the members of St. Andrew’s who served the community of Fort Pierce over the past 120 years.
- We grow in God’s grace primarily through the Word of God and the Sacraments of the Church.
- We embrace the worship music of every age, performed with excellence, which draws us mysteriously into the presence of God.
- We aspire to a worship experience that inspires us to serve each other and the world in the name of Jesus Christ.
- We value prayer as a primary way of drawing closer to God, and for the healing of body, soul and spirit.